- 1 What are the difference between farms in India and farms in USA?
- 2 What are the major difference between the farm agriculture of USA and India Class 8?
- 3 What are the similarities and variations in the agriculture of Punjab and USA?
- 4 What type of farming is common in the US?
- 5 What are the lifestyle of the farmers in USA?
- 6 What kind of farming is followed in India?
- 7 Do a comparative study of the farmers in India and that of the farmers in the USA?
- 8 Who is the biggest farmer of America?
- 9 What is the number 1 crop in the world?
- 10 Are farmers rich in USA?
- 11 Who is the biggest farmer in America?
- 12 What are the 5 types of farming?
- 13 Is contract farming legal in USA?
- 14 What country follows contract farming?
- 15 Who is the richest farmer in USA?
- 16 Is Bill Gates a farmer?
- 17 What is the number 1 crop in America?
- 18 What is the most expensive crop in the world?
- 19 Who is the richest farmer in the whole world?
What are the difference between farms in India and farms in USA?
India is basically an agriculture-based country with 80% of its population in rural areas, whereas in the US, only a small number of people are involved in farming. Indian farming is weather dependent and farmers grow only 2-3 crops per year. In the US, the farmers use scientific techniques like soil testing etc.
What are the major difference between the farm agriculture of USA and India Class 8?
Comparison of farm in India and USA – NCERT Class 8
|A farm in USA||A farm in India|
|3. The farmer makes sure that soil and water resources meet the needs of the crop.||3. Due to inadequate supply of water and fertile soil, farmers have to purchase high yielding variety (HYV) seeds from market every year.|
What are the similarities and variations in the agriculture of Punjab and USA?
variations:the land pattern is totally different from each other. Punjab has almost alluvial soil which is an important component for heavy productions. on the other hand u.s.a has different soil profile.in both of these regions climatic conditions are generally varied.
What type of farming is common in the US?
Farm type or majority enterprise type Nine common types include: Cash grains includes corn, soybeans and other grains (wheat, oats, barley, sorghum), dry edible beans, peas, and rice. Tobacco. Cotton.
What are the lifestyle of the farmers in USA?
The farmer uses tractors, seed drills, harvester and all kinds of modern agricultural machinery. 5. The farmer takes a tractor on rent, and many still rely on traditional bullocks for ploughing the land.
What kind of farming is followed in India?
The farming systems that significantly contribute to the agriculture of India are subsistence farming, organic farming, industrial farming. Regions throughout India differ in types of farming they use; some are based on horticulture, ley farming, agroforestry, and many more.
Do a comparative study of the farmers in India and that of the farmers in the USA?
while farms in usa use modern agricultural methods like tractors,harvesters etc….. 3)farmers in india are usually poor and illiterate while farmers in usa are well-off and literate. while farmers in usa grow more than three crops in a year.
Who is the biggest farmer of America?
Bill Gates is America’s biggest farmer, his 269000 acres farmland grows potatoes and carrots
- Gates has farmlands in Louisiana, Nebraska, Georgia and other areas.
- The report states that Gates has 70,000 acres of land in North Louisiana where they grow soybeans, corn, cotton.
What is the number 1 crop in the world?
1. Corn. The rundown: Corn is the most produced grain in the world.
Are farmers rich in USA?
The U.S. farmer is a rich man. Even farmers’ cash deposits, bond holdings and other investments grew bigger, in some categories as little as 0.6%, in others as much as 6%. The biggest gain was in the farmer’s biggest asset: his land, whose value last year jumped $6.8 billion to a record $109.5 billion.
Who is the biggest farmer in America?
What are the 5 types of farming?
1. Subsistence farming:-
- Intensive subsistence farming:-
- Primitive subsistence farming:-
- Shifting cultivation:-
- Commercial grain farming:-
- Commercial mixed farming:-
- Commercial plantation farming:-
Is contract farming legal in USA?
Under the Model APMC Act, 2003 also, contract farming was permitted and the Agricultural Produce Marketing Committees (APMCs) were given the responsibility to record the contracts. They were also mandated to resolve the disputes in such contracts.
What country follows contract farming?
In the Global South, contract farming is important in some countries, (e.g. in Kenya, where 40% of farmers produce under contract), while in other countries (Vietnam, Ghana, Uganda), scarce evidence suggests that 5% of farmers produce under contract (Oya, 2012). …
Who is the richest farmer in USA?
The wealthiest farmer in the United States lives and farms in California. Stewart Resnick, 81, owner of The Wonderful Company and 65 percent of the nation’s pistachios, has had a distinct and sweeping effect on agriculture in the Golden State.
Is Bill Gates a farmer?
This might not sound very believable, but Gates is America biggest farmer. Bill Gates and his estranged wife Melinda Gates have accumulated more than 269,000 acres of farmland across 18 American states. As per the Land report and NBC report, Gates has farmlands in Louisiana, Nebraska, Georgia and other areas.
What is the number 1 crop in America?
Update: In July, USDA’s National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) collected updated information on 2019 acres planted to corn, cotton, sorghum, and soybeans in 14 states.
What is the most expensive crop in the world?
Rice was the most valuable agricultural crop in the world in 2016. It was third to sugarcane and maize (corn) in quantity produced….List of most valuable crops and livestock products.
|Global gross production value in billion USD||$168|
|Global production in metric tons||748,392,150|
|Country with highest gross production value in billion USD||$50.7 (Mainland China)|
Who is the richest farmer in the whole world?
Self-made billionaire Qin Yinglin is the world’s richest farmer with a $22bn (£17.82bn) personal fortune.