- 1 How low do you drain an inground pool for the winter?
- 2 Should I drain above ground pool for winter?
- 3 Can I just drain my pool for winter?
- 4 How do you close an above-ground pool for the winter?
- 5 How much water should you leave in an above-ground pool for winter?
- 6 Is it OK to drain above-ground pool?
How low do you drain an inground pool for the winter?
Lower the water level below the skimmer and all return lines (normally about 18 inches below the tile line). Alternatively, a Blowout Extension may be used to remove water from the lines. Remove the drain plugs from the pump strainer basket housing, the pump volute, the filter tank, and the heater.
Should I drain above ground pool for winter?
Important: Never completely drain an above ground pool. This can cause your pool to collapse. If your pool is plumbed with detachable, flexible hoses, remove them and store for the winter. Basically you’ll need to drain them so there is no water in them that could freeze and damage the pump or filter.
Can I just drain my pool for winter?
Close the pool for winter – but don’t drain it. But make no mistake: you should NOT be draining water completely from the pool. Especially when properly winterized, it helps to protect the pool liner, keep it clean and prevent unnecessary damage from debris, harsh weather and other factors.
How do you close an above-ground pool for the winter?
How to Close Your Above Ground Pool in 10 Steps
- Step 1: Deep Clean.
- Step 2: Balance your Water.
- Step 3: Add Winterizing Chemicals.
- Step 4: Add Pump Protector.
- Step 5: Protect Your Return and Skimmer.
- Step 6: Prepare Your Filter for Hibernation.
- Step 7: Clear the Pool.
- Step 8: Set Up Ice Equalizer Pillow.
How much water should you leave in an above-ground pool for winter?
Above-Ground Pools If you have an above-ground pool with a vinyl pool liner, drain the pool to about 1 inch below the bottom of the skimmer mouth. It’s acceptable to drain the pool a few more inches below that if you live in an area that gets heavy precipitation during the winter months.
Is it OK to drain above-ground pool?
Damage from the Sun: The water in your swimming pool helps protect your liner from UV ray damage. Once the water is completely removed, your pool liner is at risk to warping and fading from the sun. LinerWorld’s pool experts recommend draining your above ground pool when it’s overcast outside.