How do you modernize an old bookshelf?
Here are 9 easy ways that you can transform the back of an existing bookcase to create a custom look.
- Paint. A little paint can go a long way in terms of changing the look of a bookcase!
How do you Upscale a bookcase?
Here are a few different ideas for painting bookshelves that will help them look more interesting.
- 1 | Paint It A Pretty Color. by Amy from attagirlsays.com.
- 2 | Paint the Inside A Different Color.
- 3 | Create a Rainbow.
- 4 | Add Some Stripes.
- 5 | Use A Paint Treatment.
- 6 | White Wash It.
How do I update built in bookshelf?
5 Ways to Update Built-Ins Without Breaking the Bank!
- Paint or restain.
- Remove elaborate pilasters and molding that don’t fit the home’s style.
- Change hardware.
- Change or remove cabinet and drawer fronts.
- Install lighting.
Are built in bookcases outdated?
Bookcases, especially if made of high-quality wood and boasting a modern design, are not outdated. However, modern trends and shopping patterns of the new generations indicate whether it still makes sense to have a bookcase in our houses.
What can I do with an old bookcase?
- DIY Repurposed Bookcase Bar Table.
- Easy Bookcase Headboard.
- Upcycled Bookcase Coffee Table.
- DIY Bookcase Container Garden.
- Repurposed Bookcase Lockers.
- Adorable Recycled Bookcase Dollhouse.
- Upcycled Bookcase Double Work Station.
- DIY Bookcase Dress Up Closet.
How do you make cheap bookshelves look expensive?
How to Give Cheap Bookcases an Expensive Look
- Buy some manufactured wood bookcases from a box store or large hardware store.
- Assemble the bookcases, but don’t add the back panel.
- Add design impact by replacing the back panel with bead board.
- Stand two cheap bookcases side-by-side.
- Paint the bookcases any color you want.
How do you hide a messy shelf?
Hang a Picture With Access To The Books
- A picture can cover parts of the shelf that you don’t want to display.
- The picture easily swings open.
- Paint baskets to match the shelving color.
- Vases look good and can be used for storage.
- A pull down picture hides what is behind it.
What can I do instead of built-ins?
Just take a look at these 5 Ways to Fake Built In Shelving.
- Bookcase with a Bump-out.
- Breakfast Nook Bench.
- Character-Adding Closets.
- Tall Library Shelving.
- Mudroom for Less.
Do built-ins make a room look bigger?
A: You can learn how to make a room look bigger by maximizing space through the use of built-ins or multifunctional furniture. Multifunctional furniture, or pieces that can double as other items, is a good way to make a room look bigger, as are pieces with exposed legs.
How do you make a cheap bookcase look expensive?
Is it cheaper to make your own shelves?
The pros of DIY shelving include: Lower Cost – Generally, buying the materials for your garage shelves should be cheaper than purchasing prefab – just make sure you do everything right the first time. Tailored – Making your own allows you to build shelving that meets your exact needs.
How do you make a bookcase look less cluttered?
Here’s what six experts suggested.
- First, Remove Everything.
- Add Large Baskets to the Two Bottom Shelves.
- Add Greenery.
- Group Books More Thoughtfully.
- Add Things That Aren’t Photos or Books.
- Consider Groupings of Three & Small Vignettes.
- Play Around With The Space Between The Shelves.
How do you hide counter clutter?
Add shelves beside your cabinets (if you have the wall space), and put pretty baskets on them. It’s a great way to hide clutter, like papers that you need to go through. This is one trick we’re definitely going to use! Install a towel bar above the range to keep pot lids off the counters while you’re cooking.
Can you paint a Billy bookcase from Ikea?
The Ikea Billy bookcase has a laminate exterior that is difficult to paint. Once you have an even layer of primer, you can paint the bookshelf with your paint of choice. Since Billy is covered in a thin laminate veneer and not wood, the usual sanding method to prep for paint will not work.
What do you put on the either side of a fireplace?
If your fireplace mantel has built-ins on both sides, top them with a mix of practical and decorative accents to tie in with the rest of your room. Think books, lamps, candles, vases, woven art, and other accessories that captivate the eye from afar.
Does GREY make a room look bigger?
Gray can make a room feel cave-like if not used in appropriate ways. It is, however, possible to make a gray space feel large and expansive by using a monochromatic decorating scheme. The result is a room that feels larger than its measurements indicate.
Do built ins make a room look smaller?
Slide 1: Too Much Furniture Makes Room Look Smaller Built-ins are the way to go in a small home – think about storage seats built to serve as a dining bench, shelving at the end of the hallway, or a custom storage wall in the living room.